What to wear for your Christmas Photo Shoot.
There are so many gorgeous festive outfits in the shops and online that it can be difficult to decide on what to choose. So here are a few tips to help;
- A simple outfit is ideal, and one that is comfortable and well fitting
- Most colours will work with the backdrop. Of course festive red, white and greens will look particularly good. Please avoid black.
- For festive clothing, wear a Red or Christmas jumper, complemented with a Santa Hat!
- If you want to something more formal that feels dressier, feel free to wear your Christmas best and dress up for the occasion. As a side note – everyone should dress to the same level of class. (One person in their Christmas Sparkle and one in a hoodie is bound to look awkward).
- Wool, fur capes, feathers and lace – textures are great and give an added dimension to portraits.
- Don’t just think indoors. A woolly hat, scarf and big woolly socks can give a more cosy feel to your portrait images (we all try on our gifts as we open them don’t we!) or for the real Christmas morning feel, why not choose a pair of traditional PJ’s.
- Don’t worry about being over realistic – staged Christmas card photos are not meant to be a window into reality. They are created to be a little whimsical and fun. So, although you wouldn’t normally wear a jacket inside, or snow boots with cute jeans or hats and scarves without coats – it’s totally cool to do in your Christmas photo.
- For sibling photos, matching outfits are super cute! Or if you’d prefer different outfits try to coordinate them. Patterns can be great, but try to limit them. Perhaps have one child in a patterned top and choose one of the colours in the pattern for a more plain option for your second child.
- And finally, accessories such as headbands, scarves, blankets and favourite cuddly toys, can be a great way to introduce pops of colour too.
If you have any questions about What to Wear for your Christmas Mini Photo Session, please feel free to contact us; email@example.com
Book your 2019 Christmas Photo Shoot with us here.